Sunday, August 9, 2009

Georgetown to Idaho Springs Half Marathon


This past Saturday Ben and I ran the Georgetown to Idaho Springs Half Marathon. It was my second one and Ben's first. Of course he was faster then me even though I have been training longer and more frequently. It was a great race, much better then the one I did in June. The course had a few uphills but nothing too terrible. My friend, Michelle, ran with us and we all ran together until mile 7 then Ben took off. At mile 10 I was feeling really good and Michelle wasn't so I ran ahead of her. Ben finished in 2:04 and Michelle finished in 2:12, I would like to tell you what my time was but the official race report doesn't have my time. I am pretty upset about it. I emailed the race director and he is looking in to it, but I don't know if I will ever find out my time. I am guessing between 2:07 and 2:10, it would be nice to know for sure. We had a good time and Ben is already talking of running another one in November.

7 comments:

The Sommerfeldt Family said...

You two look cute all matchy matchy! I am so impressed, someday maybe Kevin and I can match as we run a 5K!

Christy said...

you guys are so awesome! i am very, VERY impressed. way to go mich!

Renae said...

Way to go!!!! I'm thinking of running my first one in a few weeks. Maybe, but now you've inspired me. Awesome job guys!

Lora said...

What a great couple you make! I am totally inspired! I love that you both are sharing something you like!

Solomon and Lyndsie said...

You are amazing! I wish I could run like that.

Mike and Tanya said...

congratulations! You are so amazing, two half marathons in a row- turbo woman! That was cool that Ben did it with you too!

Lenice said...

Congrats you two. That is so wonderful!!