Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Merry Christmas and House Pictures

Once again, I have seriously neglected blogging. I get so busy having fun and keeping up with things that I don't have any time to document it. So, lately we have been doing a lot of fun Christmas activities including a tree, decorating the house, a gingerbread house, community events, ward party, wrapping gifts, making candy, watching Christmas movies, and enjoying Christmas Pajamas.

Last week Ben had to go to D.C. for training so while he was gone my mom came to visit. We had such a great time! She helped me get some projects done, we went on a walk, out to dinner, worked on her RS lesson, played tons of games with the boys and just had tons of fun! We love having grandma visit!

I love getting the kids Christmas PJs. Here is this years pick;
Jacob's PJs say "Chillin with my Homies"
David's PJs say "I'm one tough cookie"
Madeline's PJ's say "I'm Santa's greatest gift"

Finally we are done painting our house! It has taken a long time but it looks great now and feels so much more clean! This is our family room that is just off the kitchen four stairs down.

These two are in the kitchen, you can kind of see how the kitchen is attached to the family room

The kitchen is painted gray and I love the color.

This is the living room/office. Since we don't really have any living room furniture our living room is now our office and music room. It works until we can afford LR furniture. You can kind of see behind the LR is the dining room.

This is the entry with the ledge and new chandelier. We replaced almost all of the lighting in the house because the old was UGLY!

This is our room, it is the same gray as the kitchen which looks great in the bathroom with white linens.

11 comments:

Sara said...

Your house looks fantastic! I love all of your painting!

And your kids are so adorable! I agree! It is so nice to have grandma come visit!

Solomon and Lyndsie said...

Oh Michelle, your house looks so beautiful! You have really done a nice job of painting and decorating it. Funny that Ben is in D.C. My mom is also in D.C. right now. Well, hope he gets home soon, for your sake.

Lenice said...

Nice job on the painting. It looks soooo cute.

Christy said...

the place looks sooo good! i wish i could see it in person! i especially love the red. and your kids are so cute in their christmas jammies. are you guys going to utah for christmas?

Erin said...

You did a good job decorating! I think the family room and kitchen are my favorites.

Jennie-O said...

cute house - I love the paint colors! Good job as usual

Jared & Tracee said...

I wish I was you. We still live in an apartment, therefore ALL the walls are WHITE!!!! I can't tell you how many times I wish I could paint the walls, or do whatever I want to the walls! The house looks GREAT!

Lora said...

The house looks amazing! What a ton of work, but it paid off it looks so great! I really like the gray

Renae said...

I love your house. Thanks for posting pictures. :) That makes me want my house painted (3 rooms done and 5+ to go). Great job.

Camille said...

What a lot of hard work! It looks fantastic. We have twinner grey bedrooms. We must have been in DC the same time as Ben, too bad we missed him.

The Sommerfeldt Family said...

We really like your color choices and how everything looks, especially compared to what it looked like before!